Sign in or
Barack Obama's Drug Use
Unlike many past presidential candidates, Obama has openly admitted that when he was in High School and College, he smoked marajuana and snorted a little bit of cocaine.
Latest page update: made by Rickyrab
, Jul 31 2008, 11:51 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
rv partisan libel; return to page pointing out some drug use
538 words added
65 words deleted
1 image added
1 widget added
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|strangetrip||does Mr. Obama believe he has ever deserved the label of "criminal?"||1||Apr 17 2012, 5:41 PM EDT by walterdog|
Thread started: Apr 4 2008, 2:53 PM EDT Watch
first i strongly applaud mr. obama for openly discussing recreational drug use without shame, apology or embarrassment. we need to send the message that DARE is wrong in misleading children to believe that drugs are only used by people with faulty morals or violent predators. we need to emphasize to our children the difference between self control and self abuse.
Considering substantial collections of research such as the Schaffer Library of Drug Policy ( http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/ ) or the LaGuardia Commission's findings, as reflected by our own history with alcohol prohibition, and Mr. Obama's personal life experiences:
1. Does Mr. Obama believe there is any reason to continue the active criminal prosecutions of peaceful adult citizens who possess and responsibly use chemicals known as Controlled Substances in the privacy of their homes and in the proximal absence of minors?
1(b): Given the high risk of serious injury or death of civilians and police officers when enforcing drug prohibition, would Mr. Obama agree to a moratorium on drug enforcement by an executive order relieving all law enforcement agencies of the burden or duty to conduct any criminal drug enforcement, until a safer approach is tested and in place?
2. Does Mr. Obama believe that he has ever in his life, deserved the label of "criminal?"
3. Would Mr. Obama, given his own history, promise to issue unconditional presidential pardons for any peaceful adult citizen convicted in federal or state courts for possession and responsible use of any controlled substance in the privacy of their own homes and in proximal absence of minors?
4. Does Mr. Obama believe drug prohibition and enforcement unjustly target certain segments of our citizens in type or severity of punishment?
5. will Mr. Obama sever all international automatic CSA compliance agreements until the new administration can review more effective approaches, such as the Netherlands model?
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page