Sign in or
|Version||User||Scope of changes|
|Nov 9 2008, 3:51 PM EST (current)||echerlin||192 words added|
|Nov 9 2008, 3:50 PM EST||echerlin|
Key: Additions Deletions
What are the big issues?
- The economy, stupid. ^_^ Stimulus package, rescue homebuyers, re-regulate Wall Street, restore competition and transparency to markets, undo Bush tax cuts, let workers and middle class have a share of economic growth,...
- Trade. Free for corporations but not for people doesn't count.
- Environment. Renewable energy (to combat Global Warming, and for security), reregulate pollution,...
- Immigration. A path to citizenship. Help countries so that their citizens will not have to flee from war, oppression, or dire poverty.
- Afghanistan, Pakistan, Al Qaeda, Taleban
- "Rogue states", failed states, civil wars: Iran, North Korea, Burma, Cuba, Sudan, Congo, Somalia,...
- Foreign aid. Obama proposed doubling US foreign aid, including a $2 billion annual Global Education Fund.
- Supreme Court. Obama could have the opportunity to appoint three Justices.
- Lower courts. Obama will have to appoint about 50 judges immediately.
- The First Dog, promised to the Obama children as a reward for their good behavior during the campaign. It must be hypo-allergenic. They would have preferred to get a shelter dog, but Obama says, "most of them are mutts like me."